Since 2008 Ezypay has been conducting the Fitness Industry Survey. We survey both owners/managers and members across Australia and New Zealand.
This year we had over 19,000 members and 1,150 clubs respond. “This is the largest survey of the Fitness Industry in Australia and New Zealand” says Celeste Kirby-Brown, Director of Sales, Marketing and Relationships at Ezypay.
Lauretta Stace, Chief Executive Officer, Fitness Australia states the survey is “Once again, a first class resource for the industry.”
The club infograph is a FREE resource and is available for download here.
5 facts about the Fitness Industry in Australia and New Zealand
- The most common cardio machine is the cross trainer
- On average membership has increased more than 10% since 2012
- Free weights and stretch area is the most common type of facility provided
- Most clubs have been operating for between 1 – 5 years
- 20% of clubs are open 24 hours
Information on the free infograph includes:
- Club types,
- number of 24 hour clubs,
- length of operation,
- facilities provided,
- popular cardio equipment,
- member numbers,
- changes to member numbers,
- membership types.
For more facts about fitness clubs download the free club infograph here or click the download button.