A recent post by IHRSA (International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association) on their news site says the fitness industry “Survey of Australia and New Zealand clubs shows valuable results.”
They state “A recent survey of club members, as well as owners and managers, in Australia and New Zealand has found that almost three-fourths of members are women, and two out of five member prefer not to interact with staff members.
Ezypay recently conducted the Fitness Industry Survey in which over 19,000 fitness club members and 1,150 owners and managers responded. The questions looked at retention, sales, technology, social media and personal training.
Some of the findings included:
- The average club member is a woman. In fact 71% of all members are women.
- The largest reason a member joins a club is location.
- Members would prefer their clubs to send them an email or an email newsletter.
- Clubs prefer to speak to members in person.
- 40% of members don’t care about interaction with staff at the club.
See the results of the survey.
See also: Anatomy of a Fitness Club Member